Our pets are our family. They are as crucial as any members of our family, and that’s a fact. That’s why when we choose house and land packages Truganina or any other locations, we always consider our pets too.
The question now is, what can we do to ensure that our pets are safe in our homes? Here are some of the things we need to do and consider, check this out:
1. Remove any hazardous materials in the living and dining rooms.
The best way to keep our pets safe is to ensure that every cleaning and hazardous materials should be kept away from them and the children. Another thing is to keep the wires secure and hidden.
You also need to cover all heating and air vents to avoid burning or letting your pet in cold spaces. Lastly, if you have plants, make sure that the poisonous plants are placed in hard to reach areas of your home.
2. Organize your kitchen.
Almost every pet loves the kitchen, especially a hungry pet. So, make sure to clean and organize your kitchen before bringing your pet home. Here are some of the basic things you need to do to make sure that the kitchen is a safe space:
- Secure and cover your garbage bins to avoid issues when it comes to exposing your pet to hazard and unwanted food.
- Store your food properly and make sure to use airtight containers that are difficult to access.
- Keep your cleaners, chemicals, and medicines on high shelves and challenging to reach areas.
- Kitchen appliances should be unplugged when not in use, especially your toaster, microwave, and blender.
3. Give them a corner of their own.
Make sure that your pet feels at home by giving your pet a corner. If you have a dog or a cat, find the best pet bed that will provide them with a comfortable and warm space to sleep and rest.
In their corner, make sure to add their food and water bowls, or you can also designate an area where they can drink water and eat. Choose a durable bowl that is safe, too!
4. Keep your garage neat and organized.
Pets love to roam around the home, and a garage is one of the spaces that will stir your pets curiosity. Therefore, ensure that your items in your garage are organized and kept well and far from their reach.
Sharp objects, plugs, tools, and cords should be far from their access. We also recommend that you check and clean your floor regularly.
5. Don’t forget your garden!
The majority of the house and land packages Wyndham Vale have gardens, so you have to consider keeping and maintaining your garden, as well. Check your garden for the following:
- Remove any poisonous plants and do extensive research on plants safe for pets.
- Keep any fertilizer and insects as this could harm your pet when they ingest these materials.
- Your dog must be inside your home when you mow your lawn.
These are just the tip of the iceberg when bringing pets to your home. So, make sure to read more to ensure the safety of your new family member!